The Key is Love

Goodmorning!

I have a cool story to share. :)

Monday afternoon around 3ish, I was riding in the car with Kalen and his family, and I just began to pray for peace of mind. At that moment a lot was going on in my mind, with the wedding, with school coming up, with the future, with everything. I was just plain worrying, which God says not to do. The first scripture that came to my mind was Philippians 4:8 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, let your requests be known to God, and the God of all peace will GUARD your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." This scripture always soothes my soul when I begin to meditate on it and do what it says.

Also when I find myself worrying or feeling far away from my Lord, I look up into the sky and am reminded of God's beauty and sovereignty. This time when I looked into the sky, The clouds made the shape of a key. On the end of the key was a heart. This was amazing to me! It came to me that the KEY to peace of mind is LOVE. Love for the heavenly Father, and love for the people around me!

In Matthew 22: 37, Jesus says: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.

The Key to peace of mind is Love! If I'm loving God and trusting Him with my future, what is there to worry about? If I'm loving others, I'm not thinking about myself. Which leaves no room in my mind to be anxious or worry.
This love is what drove Jesus to suffer and lay down His life for us...



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

We've got AMAZING news!

The Journey is the Reward