Discipline

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?

“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord;
nor be weary when reproved by him.
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises (punishes; by painful trials) every son whom he receives.”

It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?
For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.
Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.




For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
...See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

(Hebrews 12:3-17 ESV)

Comments

  1. ahhh.. so timely and awesome ..good word..upon the heart of His children.. What a blessing you are to be delegated to share His word and encourage so many.. Love you and miss you !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tornado! His word is a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our path. I'm so thankful that God brought us together. I love you!

      Delete
  2. Dear Woman of God, Holy and Precious Greetings to you in Jesus Our Lord.

    I have Just read your Writings, Really They are Wonderful and Pleasing To God.

    Dear Woman of God, I am a Pastor from India. If it is God's will and if it is your will, Please Pray for Our Ministries and for the Perishing Millions in Our Country.

    Dear Woman of God, I and we Pray to God that HE may Bless you Richly.

    In Christ Alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brother in Christ,
      Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for your encouragement. Sometimes I feel as if I am speaking to no one, and that no one is listening. America is a dry and weary land, with comfort and many things that keep me and most Christians here struggling to keep a strong, intimate relationship with Christ. Please pray for me and my husband as we strive to serve Christ in our marriage, to be a lighthouse to the world. Please also pray for our Church that is in the process of launching to the public. We long to not be conformed to the Americanized Churches, but to walk according to God's desire for the body of Christ.

      It is an answer to my prayers that you have responded to my blogpost and a deep reassurance that the Lord wants me to continue writing for Him. God bless you and I will be praying for The Lord's ministry through you. What is your name Brother? It is definately God's will that I pray for you, for we are to remember those and bear with those who are falling... I will pray now for your ministry and that God would pour out His blessings and peace upon you all as you serve him wholeheartedly.
      Thank you brother in Christ,
      God bless you!!!!
      -Lindsey Houck

      Delete
  3. Dear Respected servant of The God Almighty, Beloved Sister,Lindsey Houck, Holy Greetings to you in Jesus Our Lord. I am so thankful to you for your Precious Reply to my Comment.

    Dear Sister, I and We Pray to God That HE may Bless you and give Welfare and Abundant Prosperity to Do His Work for the Salvation of The Perishing millions.

    Dear Sister, Please forgive me for my late Reply.

    Please forgive me.

    Dear Sister, Please Pray for Our Ministries. .

    Dear Woman of God, if it is God's will, Please send an E.mail to me so that I can write you about Our Ministries In India.

    this is my E.mail address "csimray@gmail.com".

    Dear Sister, I and we pray for you, for your Beloved Husband and for your Church and Ministries.

    Thanking You Woman of God,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

Trusting God = Putting all your hope in His steadfast love

It's Been One Year Since Licensing...