Humiliation


"You can't get Humility without Humiliation" - Sunny Shell

A scary prayer is to ask God to humiliate us that we may share in the humility of our Savior Jesus. Humility cannot be present where pride is present. The only way to break pride so that it may not be present in our lives anymore is for God to bring circumstances that are humiliating to us. I find that when God brings humiliating circumstances to me, I run and ask God, WHY?!?

I see now that I can't run, but only praise God that He's humbling me so that I will not be BLINDED by pride anymore. I must continue to ask God for more humiliating circumstances until I have fully grasped humility. Our Savior knew humility...

"Although he was a son, he (Jesus) learned obedience through what he suffered."
(Hebrews 5:8 ESV)

Jesus suffered. Jesus was humiliated. Jesus was humble. Jesus is the Son of God.

Let's not run from the humiliating circumstances God brings us through, He's only doing His work in us, to make us more like Christ. That we may be obedient, Christ-like children that walk in all humility. Lord, I pray for me and all who desire to have the humility of Christ, that by your grace we would understand that the only way to get humility is by your disciplining hand. Help us not fear your correcting hand, but praise you for it. For our lives are but a breath, and eternity is forever.


Proverbs 15:33 

The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom,
and humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 18:12 

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty,
but humility comes before honor.

The reward for humility and fear of the Lord
is riches and honor and life.1

Zephaniah 2:3 

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,
who do his just commands;1
seek righteousness; seek humility;
perhaps you may be hidden
on the day of the anger of the Lord.

Acts 20:19 

serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials that happened to me through the plots of the Jews;

Ephesians 4:2 

with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Colossians 3:12 

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,

1 Peter 5:5 

Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”



Comments

  1. Love this sweetie. Short and to the point...pointing to Christ that is. :o)

    Here's something I shared on my FB ministry page a while back:

    "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." ~Gal 2:20

    "The free committal of myself to God gives the Holy Spirit the chance to impart to me the holiness of Jesus Christ...The same human body remains, but the old satanic right to myself is destroyed...It is no longer faith in faith, but faith which has overleapt all conscious bounds, the identical faith of the Son of God."

    ~Oswald Chambers

    Do you live as if you are truly crucified with Christ? Is your life identified with the life of Christ alone, or do your desires, your personal affinities, rights and the good treatment you believe you deserve from others prove you still have much to bring to the Lord to be refined in by His fire? Humble yourselves. Repent and rejoice in Christ our God who is able to do abundantly more than we can ever imagine to ask.

    Love you sweetie,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..this is so beautiful and honest..<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

When your holidays aren't as magical as you'd hope...