Hallelujah! All I have is Christ!

       lately I have been thinking about the majesty, dominion and authority of Christ. The fact that only because of Christ do we have access to our Heavenly Father is SO amazing to me and has really opened my eyes to a gratefulnesss that I've never known before. Jesus literally took the WRATH of God upon Himself that we may live in freedom and have the ABILITY to have a relationship with God.

Only because of Jesus. Only because of Him. Only because what He did for us, dieing on that cross... He died in my place.

In my prayers lately, instead of going straight to God with all of my concerns, needs and wants, I have been coming to Him in the acknowledgement that Jesus made a way for me to come to Him.It's easy to come to God with a feeling that "I have a right", but that is very prideful & not true. I don't know if that makes sense, but the fact is, it's revolutionizing my prayer life! I'm not just coming to God with a bunch of needs, I'm now coming to God in extreme gratefulness that I can even speak to Him first, because of Jesus! And I feel very happy about that.

Here is a video that I watched a few weeks back with Kalen. There is part where Jesus is on the cross bearing the wrath of God, protecting and saving a young man from the wrath deserved for him. Let this image seep into your heart, and help you understand that Jesus TOOK YOUR PLACE. And when Christ's blood is being poured out, and sprinkling on the young man, Imagine yourself in the place of the young man, being cleansed and purified by the death of Christ from your sins, and be filled with the awesome knowledge of our Savior, Jesus-
"who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
(1 Timothy 2:4 ESV)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

We've got AMAZING news!

The Journey is the Reward