We've been APPROVED!

        For those who are not aware, Kalen and I's apartment got broken into in November of 2010, and we've been living at my gracious in-laws house since then. The break-in was on a Wednesday, during the day when normally I would have been home. By God's gracious covering & protection, I was not home, I was studying for a test with a friend. The burglarer stole about 2,000 dollars worth of stuff. The most disheartening thing they stole was our video camera with our wedding on it. Gratefully, a friend from church actually had footage from our wedding and we got to see that for our anniversary, so that was extremely awesome.


        The burglary taught Kalen and I a lot. First off, we were sad that we had to leave our first home together in such circumstances, but again, God works everything for the good of those who love Him! Even though this burgaler stole some of our most valuable things, he couldn't take the MOST valueable thing from us; our relationship with Jesus, our eternal salvation; which is the MOST important thing! It's easy to forget that though. This burglary really taught us to keep our treasure in Heaven like the Bible commands us.


    The next thing God taught us was humility. To come from having our own place, to back into a parental units home for 6 months, was very humbling for me and exposed a lot of pride in my heart (of doing things my way). By the Lord's grace & strength I learned to live in an environment that I wasn't used to, you know, because everyone does things differently when it comes to managing things around the house!  I really enjoyed getting to learn from my mother-in-love. She is very efficient in all things she does to honor the Lord, and I admire her for that. I learned a lot from her in this time! I also feel closer to my in-laws, and that's a blessing as well!


        We don't know all the reasons why the Lord allowed the burglary to happen, but we are thankful for God's redeeming, faithful hand. We are so thankful for our gracious parents that have taken us under their wings for this season of our lives! (THANKS pops & mom [DAVID & KEELY HOUCK], WE LOVE YOU!)

    So, to some exciting news... We are officially new apartment renters as of this MONTH! Wahoo, after about 5 months of searching & praying, we've been approved!! April 28th we will be moving into a new apartment. We found a great deal in the back of the Woodlands and we ARE so excited & thankful! It's definately an upgrade from our other apartment, with a price that is perfect for our budget, such a blessing.... God is GOOD.

1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins

and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
6 The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
PSALM 103:1-6

 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28)

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

Some pictures :
 Our dog Neila!
Pretty View we had on our picnic date!
 Beautiful sunrise :o)
 Kalen and I at a conference in Downtown Houston
 First time to ever go inside the Galleria!
 Huge flag in the Galleria, God Bless America!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

When your holidays aren't as magical as you'd hope...