I've gathered this information from a wonderful Biblical Submission Study of Proverbs 31 mysecondlove.net
Following God's Divine Order:
A wife's Biblical submission is vital to the family unit and a wife's effectiveness in her role as help-meet to her husband, therefore we will follow God's divine order of things (1 Corinthians 14:40):
- GOD FIRST: Matthew 6:33 and 10:37-39; Luke 14:33; Mark 12:30-31; Proverbs 31:30; Psalm 88:13; Psalm 1:1-3
- SPOUSE SECOND: Genesis 2:18-20, 3:16; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Corinthians 11:3,8-9; 1 Timothy 2:13, 3:4-5; Titus 2:3-5
- CHILDREN THIRD: Psalm 78:3-5; Titus 2:4; Deuteronomy 6:7; Proverbs 10:1;Proverbs 13:24; Proverbs 19:18; Proverbs 29:17; Malachi 2:15; Hebrews 12:8
- HOMEMAKING FOURTH: Proverbs 31:10-31; Titus 2:3-5
- "MINISTRY" FIFTH: Volunteering (at church and children's school), work, others (extended family, church family, friends) and hobbies: 1 Timothy 2:10, 5:9-10; 1 Corinthians 12:7: Acts 9:36; 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12; Romans 12:10 & 13: 1 Peter 4:9-11
Living life out of God's order is asking for chaos to reign in our lives, causing us to be unfruitful and living in constant haste (2 Peter 1:3-9).
This Information has really kept my heart in the right place when it comes to arranging my day, knowing that these priorities are important to God! And God blesses THIS order of things! It's really quite simple, yet we try and make it more complicated by feeling like outside ministry is more important than our home life(which is Satan's GREAT deception and why families are so messed up lately!) ! Look up these scriptures and be blessed! The Lord is currently teaching me about this and am SO excited to share this with other woman who are searching for how to please God in their daily walk & life! Notice: OUTSIDE Ministry is fifth. We gotta put first things first if we want to see God's blessing in our lives.