Gift of the Red Bird

Many of you that know me, know that I am totally intrigued and blessed by red birds (some may know them as cardinals :))! I've had different responses from close friends and family members that know of my joyful feeling towards these beautiful birds; some think it's so sweet & see the significance, while others just think it's plain DORKY.

I believe God speaks to me through red birds.

Want to know why?

I will tell you :)


One day about 5 years ago, right after I truly gave my life to the Lord, I was sitting depressed in my apartment bedroom. I was looking out my window, wondering why I felt so lost when I had just made the biggest decision of my life- Giving my life to Jesus! I felt alone because I let go a lot of  friends that were not wanting to go on the same path as me. I felt sad because I didn't know how to walk with God and I was scared of what it all would look like.

I remember saying sincerely..."God, there is no purpose for me..." I quickly look up out the window and saw this BEAUTIFUL bright red bird sitting on the branch right outside the glass. My eyes lit up. I felt God saying to me "I have a purpose for you, you are loved and I will take care of you!" I suddenly felt the depression lift off me, I felt full of JOY and was completely confident that God was with me and He had a purpose for the pain and loneliness!

Up to this day, God has used red birds to remind of His love for me. As most you that walk with the Lord know, walking with the Lord is not easy... it's full of trials, testing and sanctification. There have been hundreds of moments where I felt like I couldn't go on and God in His loving-kindness would always send a red bird my way to help me remember His promise!


You see, God gives us eyes to see. He speaks through ALL His creation. If you allow God to speak to you, you will hear Him & see Him in ways you wouldn't have imagined!!!!

My dear friend Lindsay Marsh bought me this book called "The Gift of the Red Bird" The Story of Divine Encounter by Paula D'Arcy.

To my sweet surprise, God has used Red birds in her life as well... She says in her book...
"I am lonely and I feel depressed...As I write a brilliant red bird flies by and takes my breath away...." pg. 96
Weaved throughout her story, is this red bird that reminds her of God's awesome goodness and love, just as God does for me. I am so in awe of this!!!! God is so KIND to send me this book to reassure me that it IS Him!!! He's not only using red birds in my life, but in the lives of others!!

Here are some pictures throughout the years of my red bird encounters...
Me and the red birds artwork display on Market Street... <3 nbsp="nbsp">
                                               Mr. Red bird visiting me at breakfast...

                                      Mr. Red Bird following me out of town on a winter cold day...
                             Mr. Red bird singing outside my window as I spend time with the Lord....
I lived with my parents for 6 months and my mom always knew I was reading my Bible when she heard the red birds in the front yard. My window faced the front yard! They would chirp and hang out outside my window during my quiet times in the morning... so sweet!
Mr. Red Bird greeting me as I walk to my car! 
Mr. Red Bird hanging out in the tree right above Kalen and I on our date night! This was special. 


Here are the centerpieces at Kalen and I's wedding! Only God knew that I would never be the same after He spoke to me that day in my room through the bright & beautiful red bird!


I want to encourage you to keep your eyes peeled and heart open to how God wants to speak to you each and every day... don't take anything for granted! He can speak through a rock, a burning bush... a person, a red bird, a yellow butterfly, a smile...anything and everything because everything belongs to Him! Thanks be to God!


Grateful and reassured that God does speak, He is real, and He is full of LOVE and compassion!!!
Lindsey 

Comments

  1. I can so relate to your story. A red bird starting visiting my mother after my father's passing. Very vibrant, and "on purpose". After my mom's death, I prayed to see a red bird that I may be comforted...and God sent one to me...within the hour. That's love! My entire family now have visitations mostly during times of trials. Thanks for your story.
    Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

Little M is back!