"Do Not Be Deceived...





     God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. " 
                                                                -Galations 6: 7-8 




In our lives, we sow into many things... in different ways. 




The number one thing we sow into is our thoughts.


 The thoughts we allow in our minds and dwell on are a form of sowing. If we are not intentionally dwelling on things that are......true, lovely, honorable, just, pure, commendable, excellent or praiseworthy.... (phil. 4:8), We are by default (because we were born into a sinful, deceptive world, with sin still fighting for reign in our lives) sowing into our flesh that thinks upon things that fill us with ....strife, anger, jealousy, idolatry, division.... (Gal 5:20). So, the first place we can sow to the Spirit is by obeying the Bible and the Holy Spirit's promptings to think upon heavenly things, upon Phil. 4:8 things, and pray without ceasing.


The second place we sow into is our time

What do we do with our time? Our free time? This is an area that the Lord has been trying to help me for many years now. To be truthful, I spend most of my time sowing into Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, instead of sowing into God's Word, prayer, or other Spirit-filled things. Now, I don't believe all these social networking things in themselves are sin (it can be used as a great place for encouragement and prayer), but when chosen over what God is calling us to do, yes they are. Then it becomes an idol, which the Lord hates. For me, I struggle with sowing more into social networking than my relationship with God; for you, it could be TV shows, sports, family, shopping, building a business, making money, a particular relationship, and even "ministry"! The most important thing we need to sow into is our Spiritual relationship with God. Now, I am aware that we have to live our lives, of course, but the time God gives us, no matter if we are working or it's free time, it all should be offered to God, because it's His in the first place. It should be used do to with as He pleases. Dear brothers and sisters, please pray for me. That I would sow into my relationship with the Lord every second of the day! Thank you!

"I appeal to you therefore, by the  mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice to God, which it your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..." - Romans 12:1

The third place we sow into is our finances/money
I've heard many quotes that talk about money. Jesus warns more about money in the Bible than anything else. Where our treasure is, there our hearts will be also. Where do we invest our money? Where does our money go? To bless others and God's kingdom? Or to build our own little kingdom? Tough stuff, but this another place where we can choose to sow into the Kingdom of God or our little kingdom. 

" Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but LAY up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also."- Matthew 6:19


I write this today because I came to the Lord in prayer, wondering why I didn't feel the sweetness of His presence, or desire to spend a lot of time in His word, and I heard that simple verse.. "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." 
I have been reaping corruption because I've been sowing into my flesh in my thoughts and time specifically. I'm so grateful for God's Word that guides us, that helps us understand how to get back on our feet. May this post encourage anyone else who struggles with sowing into their flesh, rather than the Spirit. I am so thankful for The Holy Spirit's guidance... He is so sweet to guide us, all we have to do is call upon His name! 


For Christ's glory, 
Lindsey




Comments

  1. Your dad shared this.... You are such a blessing. Great wisdom for one so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God. It's encouraging to know that what He teaches me, speaks to others. Also, It's pretty cool how I found this sermon today that enhances this blogpost, if you have 30-45 minutes, please watch!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszVTWUGQQM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

When your holidays aren't as magical as you'd hope...