Discernment in the Church

Good afternoon! I'll just cut right to chase...
This issue of "Discernment" in the Church (Body of Christ) has been on my heart for awhile now. When I first got saved, I was not discipled, so I found myself searching around aimlessly going to every church that spoke the name "Jesus". I thought, as a new believer, that if the church spoke about Jesus... all was good! Scary huh? A lot of cults use the name of Jesus... little did I know.

Well, not until a couple years later did I learn (by the grace of God), that not all men and women that speak the name Jesus are actually disciples of Christ. A true disciple of Christ will love the Word of God (The Bible) and live within the guidelines the Lord has set out for us in the Bible. A true disciple of Christ exudes love and acknowledges that he/she struggles with sin. A true disciple of Christ doesn't seek experience after experience, but seeks God's face to please Him and yearns for holiness.  I could go through my story and tell you everything, but I don't think I have time for that. The most important thing that I want to talk about today is a certain stream of "manifestations" being promoted by the Charismatic Church.

Before I begin, You must know that I am a BIBLE believing Christian. I love the Word of God and want to see the power of the Holy Spirit manifest itself as it did in the Bible. I love the gifts of the Spirit and I believe in the gifts of the Spirit.

What I don't believe are THESE (seen in video below) so called manifestations deemed to be given by the Holy Spirit, but they are not from the Holy Spirit of Christ. Let me tell you something, I was apart of these church meetings (that you'll watch below). I used to do all that you're going to see in these videos. And what I experienced was NOT the peace of Christ, but a false reality, a fleeting sense of emotions. I actually encountered many demonic attacks and was under severe oppression while apart of this movement. If any of this perks your attention, or you have been apart of any movement that prays for holy laughter, promotes drunkeness in the spirit, and weird manifestations... than watch this.

The Lord has saved me from this movement, my job now is to help anyone who is apart of this!!!
You must watch ALL three videos to get a complete understanding.








Jesus Christ be exalted! May your holiness fill the Church. Give us eyes to see You! Give us ears to understand. Give us discernment. Help us oh Lord. We are lost sheep without the guidance of our Shepherd.

Comments

  1. Hey Lindsay,

    So glad you posted. :) I watched some of it. Very disturding. I was going to call you and get the name of your church. We are looking for a solid Bible teaching church. We have tried Grace community Church which is a reformed family integrated church. Anywho let me know. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber,
    I'm glad to hear from you! This stuff is very disturbing! I miss seeing you. Our church is called RiversEnd Community Church :)http://riversend.org/About.html <-- go there to read our "Doctrinal Statement". Then there is a tab on the left that says service info and it gives you the time and place. We'd love for you guys to come check it out sometime. You can call/text me anytime as well! Love in Christ!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amber,
    You may want to check out Justin Peters ministry , as he deals with the Word of Faith cult and has some very useful information in a 4 part seminar that has been of great benefit to many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. This is very informative , actually eye openning.Praying many get delivered out of this deception .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

When your holidays aren't as magical as you'd hope...