Life These Days!

It's been so long since I updated with what's going on in our lives! I am so sorry!  Many great things have happened in the past months! Here are just a few updates! More posts to come... :) 


Last January before my Student Teaching semester I was blessed with the opportunity to go to Passion 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia! Here are some pictures.

The sweet ladies and I waiting for Passion to start! 


                                                                  Passion 2013

                                                Matt Redman singing his new song!
                                             It was so cool to worship with so many people
David Crowder!


                                                          A little taste of Heaven ^



 The group! 


Here are some pictures from Student Teaching ...
                                                   100th day of School- we are old ladies!



                                   Dr. Suess day! My mentor Teacher and I had too much fun together...

                     I had a great experience Student Teaching with my mentor teacher Dani DePinto!




I graduated from Sam Houston May 2013! Woohoo!
           I literally couldn't have gotten through college without my wonderful parents!

My wonderful Hubby and I....He helped me persevere in all the times I didn't think I could get through.

 Jonah and I! My sweet nephew! It was his first graduation!

                         My parent's threw a wonderful grad party for me! It was very memorable.
   My family <3>
               This is Bethany. We met the last semester of college, she loves Jesus too. It was so sweet to go through the last semester with this precious lady.


Before I even graduated, The Lord opened a door for me to be a teacher at Christ Community School teaching 5th and 6th grade Language Arts and History!

I've been teaching at Christ Community School for about 4 months now and can say truthfully it is my DREAM job. God is so gracious and kind... here are some pictures of my room and students! 
 Here is my 6th grade class. I am officially the 6th grade HOMEROOM teacher, even though I teach both 5th and 6th grade Language Arts and History (I know- IT'S CONFUSING) For 6th grade, I also teach Bible to them in the mornings. This is a GREAT blessing. I feel honored and privileged to disciple these kids everyday to know and love the Lord.

For the 5th graders in the afternoon, I only teach Language Arts and History; here they are:
It's amazing to me how much you can fall in love with your students! We just hit Thanksgiving Break and I'm already missing these kiddos! I have 11 students all together.

Here is me and the 5th grade homeroom teacher who teaches Math & Science to both 5th & 6th grade (We're both first year teachers - Such a sweet blessing to teach our first year together! )

Here are some pictures from my classroom: 
View from walking in the front door

Behind my desk

 From the front of the classroom looking back ^

Writing Center ^
 
 ^Reading Nook


 Kalen, my sweet precious husband, came up one Sunday to help me do some work. I left the room for a few minutes and came back to this HANDSOME man and that SWEET message on the board.
 I just love this guy.


 I am thankful to the Good Lord for giving me an opportunity to work in an environment where I can freely lift His name on High and disciple His precious ones! 

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever." Psalm 118: 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

When your holidays aren't as magical as you'd hope...