Here We Go!!!!


                                             



I am so happy to announce that Kalen and I are going to begin the foster-to-adopt process with Arrow! This is a DREAM come true for me. I've literally longed to be a mother for many years, and It's been a hard waiting process for Kalen and I to become parents(learn more about that here). We surrendered our fertility to the Lordship of Christ a couple months into our marriage, and though it's been a painful road, we have trusted Him to lead us just where HE wants us in the parent arena.


This past Wednesday night, the leading seemed very clear. Kalen held me in his arms with joy in his eyes and said, "It's time, we can begin the foster/adoption process".

The feeling.... the joy I felt (and FEEL)... reminded of a scripture in proverbs...

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, 
But a desire fulfilled is a tree of life" 
Proverbs 13:12


Because you see, I tried to lead us into the fostering-to-adopt process last year...
(Side note: married ladies, if you haven't learned this lesson yet, please pay close attention... WE ARE NOT MEANT TO LEAD OUR families. Our husbands are. God has ordained them to guide us. They are our protection and covering. We follow them, not vice-versa ((and I'm still growing in this!!!))  but Kalen wasn't peaceful last year about starting the process, so I had to die to that dream, too. You see lately, God has called me to die to a lot of my dreams. With this whole desire-to-be-a-mommy thing; I've gotten the privilege to lay it down before Jesus' feet and declare that He is far greater! Because He is! That doesn't mean that the desire to be a mommy went away, but the desire doesn't consume me because Christ can fulfill my desires with purely HIMSELF! There's freedom in that! Christ is our ultimate desire! And no baby can bring me what Christ can bring me! :)

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will LOSE it. But if you GIVE up your life for my sake, you will save it." Matthew 16:24-25


What happened when I stopped hanging onto my dreams, my life, my wants, my expectations, and INSTEAD found rest and contentment in Christ's arms... He took my dreams and did way more than I could have every imagined. And that's what happened this week!!! He moved on my husbands heart.


                "He can do more in my waiting, than in my doing I can do..." 
                                               -Bethany Dillion "To Those Who Wait" Lyrics


And the beautiful process begins...

Here we are filling out oodles of paperwork...







So happy .... :) 

Kalen texting the family about our decision after counsel and prayer!

"My Soul Finds Rest in God Alone":) 



I can't tell you HOW amazing it feels to FOLLOW my husband in this! We went to our first training class today and I just can't express the excitement I feel. I will definitely be blogging our journey, so stay tuned! Please please please be praying for us as well in this!! We need it!!! Love you all!!!!


Comments

  1. COGRATULATIONS and Praise God! I know this has been on your heart for a long time. Very encouraged by your story. I will continue to pray for you and Kalen through this journey. You had been on my mind a lot this week, maybe this is why! Congrats again! 😀 So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan! And it's very true, you were with me in the middle of trying to figure it all out last year! I'm so glad it's coming to fruition now. Thats so sweet God laid me on your heart! Love that! Your continued prayers are much appreciated, stay in touch! ❤️ Gods sweetest blessings to you Megan!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

We've got AMAZING news!

The Journey is the Reward