The Grace of Thanksgiving

One key I've learned to thrive while being a mommy is being thankful for everything!!!! There are so many things to be thankful for, and if by God's grace, I can notice and lift up a praise of thanksgiving- I sense even more of God's grace to continue on through each task the day brings.  

Some of the things I have been thankful for; 

1. Family & Friends coming over to help me. The first week my dad came over every day to just be a help and support to our quickly changing life! He also got to bond with the babies which was sweet to see! 

He helped me take the kids to their first bio visits! Learning to cart around 2 kids , to 2 different CPS offices in the Houston area is hard and learning to meet all their needs is very challenging, but I'm slowly getting there! Daddyo has been so helpful in the meantime- L loves papa c! 
My mom has spent the night a few times which helps me get better sleep! And we worked on the yard together! 
When she spends the night and takes the night shift for me, I'm able to go running which is so nice (my favorite thing to do), but then I find I'm really tired after and not as rejuvenated as I'd hope (because I'm still super sleep deprived)! But I'm happy for the few minutes of rejuvenation I feel. 

God has been so gracious to provide so many people to come over and help me. I have needed it! 

M meeting Kalen's mom, Nana :) 
Pops and Nana (Kalen's parents) have come over quite a few times to bring dinner which has been such a blessing. We love hanging out with them, and enjoy their company! They love and take care of us so well! 
Pops, nana and L enjoying ice cream! 


My sister came in over the weekend as well with my nieces! That was super sweet for all of them to meet each other! My grandma, aunt came in as well to meet M and L! It was a sweet time. 

My sis Meeting M❤️
We took a family photo while everyone was here, because for now, however long the Lord sees fit- this is our family! And I'm so glad❤️ 

2. New relationships with the neighbors!
Having kids has opened up many doors to conversations and hang outs than I ever would have without kids! Here are some pictures with our neighbors. L is so sweet, loves to give big hugs and smiles to all who come across her path. Your prayers for her have been felt. She is blooming tremendously! 


3. Play dates with friends from church! 
Fun with mrs. Ashlee and Isaac! 
Fun with Mrs. Katie, Claire and Caylee! 
And we love church because all the kids love on Layla and keep her busy! 

4. Those moments when BOTH kids just happen to rest at the same time (even though I plan for it every day!) 
Quiet times look a little different each day, and most days don't happen, yet- when mornings like this happen, and they both sleep in until 8- I get this heavenly time with my Lord. I'm so glad to know He's available to me all day through prayer and His never- leaving presence; time in His word is so valuable and am thankful for the moments where I can just sit with him! 
I am told to nap while they nap in the afternoon and that's what I try to do then. So I am thankful for moments of rest and unhindered time with my Lord! 

5. Our daily routine; 9 a.m. morning walks!! 


Where we live there are BEAUTIFUL walking trails! After everyone is fed in the morning, I put M in my carrier and L in the stroller and we go for an hour long walk. These are pure bliss and a gift from God. Both kids are relaxed and we're all enjoying God's creation together! I also am streaming my worship music or Bible App to renew my spirit! Thankful for the sweet morning moments! 


 "The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!”
      Psalm 50:23 


Praying that I may be more thankful for the little things... Seeing the benefits of a heart of thanksgiving in the midst of a radically changed life. God is good and showers His goodness constantly even in the midst of hardship and new/ unknown territories! 

Thankful for Jesus most importantly!

Lindsey :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

We've got AMAZING news!

The Journey is the Reward