An open letter to our little L

Dear L, 

Today as I was running while pushing you in the stroller I thought about a few things. First, my shirt that I was running in said "Iron sharpens Iron" (proverbs 27:17), and I couldn't help but think about you being a type of Iron that the Lord has used to sharpen me into someone who looks more like Jesus. That's been my prayer for awhile, that my heart would be more like Jesus'. The interesting thing is, iron comes in many different shapes and sizes! And you, my little love, have been used as iron in my life by God and I am so thankful for this. At times, sweet one, I did not want to thank God for this, because of my sin. You don't know or understand yet how God has used you to chizzel me, to break me, and to ultimately heal me from things that aren't good for me. What a gift you are. Little L, you are a precious gift from God and have changed me forever. Thank you for always graciously forgiving, loving and hugging me as I'm learning how to be your mama. I know what Jesus means now when He says "let the little children come to me, do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:14) 


Love you always, 
Your middle "mama"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

The Journey is the Reward

When your holidays aren't as magical as you'd hope...